Friday, April 03, 2009

Any Day Now, Right?

Remember that time when the doctor was worried that Baby Rude was going to arrive early? Yeah... I recall that I had to lay on the couch for many days and let David carry the laundry basket for me. That was over 3 weeks ago now. Boy, doctors these days sure have a strange sense of humor. This kid seems to be quite happy where he is - squishing my bladder, kicking my various organs, and constantly stretching out to take up as much space as possible. Hello?! If there isn't enough room in there, you could just come out already!




We're at 39 weeks now, so I guess we haven't even reached our official due date, but after all that talk about "he's going to be early," it seems like he really should be here by now. Currently, I am alternating between "Can you PLEASE hurry up!?" and "Wow, this is going to be a big deal - I guess I'm okay with waiting a couple more days..." We'll see how I feel when I'm squeezing David's hand off in the hospital or waking in the wee hours of the morning for another feeding. =)

I'm pretty sure he'll be worth the wait!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Totally worth the wait! Hang in there!

Mandi said...

LOL! I was afraid of that! That is exactly what happened to me! Silly Dr. getting your hopes up they are coming early then... Sorry! I think I stick around awhile longer mom! :)
Oh... and if David needs a sympathetic ear after you squeeze his hand off... have him call Jeremy! He was having to switch hand positions in between contractions. :) Oops!

Just me and my kids said...

Well I pray you are fast like me. Once I got to the hard part I was so fast.
"ok ready, now push!"
*4 minutes later*
"It's a boy!"
next baby "push"
*7 minutes*
"It's a girl"
Last baby,
"guess we won't be making it to the hospital here lie on the bed"
"can I push yet"
"ok go ahead push
*2 pushes*
"it's a girl and the ambulance is right outside, they will be in in just a moment."
Ok so do not do like I did with Kori for your first, but 4-7 minutes of pushing is good!
You will do great! Oh and I was told to do modified bed rest as well... I think they just like to make us get out hopes up.