Saturday, April 18, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End?

I guess I'm officially unemployed now. I had planned to work up until the day of Baby Rude's arrival, but since he's taking longer than anticipated, I just decided that yesterday would be my last day in the office. I had been the Office Manager for the Admissions Department at Cascade College for 3 1/2 years and it's a little surreal that I won't be going back. I packed up the items from my desk, took down all the photos from my cork board, and cleaned out my work email folders. I even remembered to bring my nameplate and little desk plant home with me.




I think I'm really going to miss my job. Sure, sometimes the daily tasks were a little mundane (updating addresses in the database, labeling and stuffing envelopes, updating statistic spreadsheets, etc.) but in all, I really loved what I did. Cascade College is a place that has changed many people for the better and has had a big impact in the Northwest. I'm so glad that I got to be part of it for as long as I did - first as a student and later as an employee. Although I'm still sad and disappointed about the school closing in just a couple of weeks, I know that our work there was for a purpose and that a lot of good was accomplished. Now I'm just curious about what God has planned for us all next...

1 comment:

Jessica G said...

SOMETHING tells me that picture isn't a recent one... ;o)