Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thanks for Kicking My Spleen...

It seems like my world has become totally baby-focused and our little guy hasn't even arrived yet! Every thought/decision/activity in my life seems to be influenced by the fact that very soon I'm going to enter the realm of motherhood. (Or am I technically already a mom...?) Maybe all parents-to-be experience something similar. Will the same be true when we are expecting baby #2 or following? I certainly hope that the excitement never wears off! What a joyous time!

Tonight our church family is hosting a baby shower for us and several relatives and friends will be joining us as well. I have to admit that I absolutely love baby showers (and I know that not everyone is a fan, that's okay!) I just think it's so fun to celebrate with an expectant or brand-new mommy, play all the cheesy games, and share in the love and support for a new little creation. It's crazy that this party is going to be for OUR tiny life. Have I really reached that point in my life? Am I ready for all this grown-up stuff? Baby Rude is counting on us to prepare him for the rest of his life, so I guess I'd better be ready! Such a task can be a little overwhelming! I'm am so thankful that we aren't doing it alone though. We have such a great network of people who are always there for us. I just hope I don't do something embarrassing tonight like CRY in front of everyone. At least I would have the hormones to blame it on...




My mom and sister are going to stay with us after the shower for the weekend to get final baby things ready. The curtains for the nursery are almost done (bye bye, mismatched fleece blankets.) We'll put all the crib bedding in place and finish organizing the clothes, toys, diaper stuff, etc. My mom is also going to finish the little jungle animals she has been crocheting for his room. I should probably also put my hospital bag together since we don't know when this little guy is going to decide he's done cookin' - 3 weeks until our due date! At least I've already made a list so it should be quick to throw everything in a bag.

On Saturday, our friend Jamie is going to come over to take some casual maternity pictures. I've been documenting the growth of my belly in my "mug shot" photos, but we'd like to have some decent ones of David and I together with the little bun in the oven. Perhaps there will even be some that will bare my belly button, but nothing too scandalous. =) I'll try to share some pics next week!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I found it incredible how a life that hasn't even been born yet can so consume every thought and activity that you do! :)

Mandi said...

OH, and have fun tonight! Sorry I can't make it! That is just too much driving for a 3 month old! :) (And Mommy's sanity)