Monday, March 16, 2009

Craftiness for Baby!

One of the joys of expecting a child is all the wonderful ways that family and friends show their love and support. We have received so many offers for help, encouraging cards and notes, tons of hand-me-down clothes, numerous free baby furniture items, and all sorts of gifts and presents. It is such a blessing, and we are truly appreciative of all the people God has placed in our life.

Specifically, it has been fun to receive special "one-of-a-kind" items from those who are skilled in the areas of sewing or yarnery. (I'm pretty sure I just made up that word.) Some examples:


This fleece blanket was made by Irene - one of the very sweet old ladies at our church.



This lovely blanket was crocheted by my wonderful friend Suzie (who is NOT an old lady but is very much a homemaker type.)



This little hat was made with love by Ida - another of our dear church ladies.



Our Eastside Church family is hosting a baby shower for us this week and I am sure that we will receive some additional treasures for Baby Rude that I can add to this list. =)

No comments: