Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Takin' It Easy...

I had my 36 week check-up this morning and had a surprising report. Without going into details (it would be TMI for many of my devoted fans) I'll tell you that my doctor did an exam and discovered that Baby Rude might arrive sooner than expected. She asked me if I had experienced any back pain/cramping/contractions and I told her that I didn't THINK I had noticed anything out of the ordinary. Sure, my back has been hurting, but I assumed that was from lugging my belly around. And pregnant women are supposed to have gas, so that would explain any cramping, right? I figured that any uterine tightening was due to Baby Rude stretching out in there. So am I having symptoms of pre-term labor?

Well, the doctor didn't seem overly concerned, but she did request that I really take it easy the next 9 days in the hopes that we can at least make it to the 37 week point (considered full-term). She said they wouldn't stop labor at this point if it came to that, but in general it is preferred to wait until the "magic" 37-mark. At first, she said that I should stop working, but when I told her that I have a very sedentary desk job, she conceded that it would probably be okay for me to continue. I guess I will need to change my plans about doing yard work this weekend though...



I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's a bit crazy that Baby Rude could arrive so far ahead of schedule. We haven't even had our car seat inspected and installed yet! We're just praying that he'll be a healthy little guy - no matter when he decides to join us! =)


ADDED BONUS: When I did a Google search for "calendar," this image was in the top ten hits:



Of course, that was really unrelated to my blog post... but an interesting side note...

1 comment:

Mandi said...

They told me the same thing at 34 weeks... so I took it easy... even modified bed rest... and when I hit 37 weeks... Well... I tried all kinds of things that people said would put me into labor. Then I induced him a week late. :) So much for that!