Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Okay, according to Google, spring doesn't actually begin until March 20th, but I'm pretty sure it's here early this year. We've had like 3 sunny days in a row, and most importantly, the flowers are beginning to sprout forth from the earth!

I was SO excited to see this little clump of crocus coloring the front corner of our yard!



We've been in our house for a year now so I think we've discovered what most of the random vegetation is surrounding our property (not that I know their names or how to care for them), but much of it disappeared for the winter. Now I see clusters of green shoots coming up everywhere and it will be fun to rediscover what these plants are as they color our little world.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I wish I didn't live in the icy hole! My crocuses are just barely putting up leaves... I won't have flowers for several weeks yet... Whoa is me! :) I know how exciting it is to see those first blooms though... can't wait!