Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wilson-fest 2005

August already! My summer break is almost over! (Yeah, I wish I had a summer break - those were the days! *sigh*) I did take Monday and Tuesday off of work though, and that was nice. David and I went camping with my family in Florence for the weekend. It's an annual event for my relatives to reserve a campsite by the dunes and we always have a great time. This year a couple of the families weren't able to make it, which was a bit disappointing, but I guess that's what happens when a family gets bigger and everyone is going in their own direction. Our fun activities included an afternoon at Honeyman Park (all the younger kids and David were swimming while the rest of us huddled in the sandy wind), foxtail throwing, several rounds of whiffle ball, a rousting game of sardines, making Smores over the campfire, suffering through a game of Risk where my cousin Steve took over the known world, and learning to take an 8 minute shower (you know the coin-operated type - ew.)

Oh yeah, and my cousin Jeni had her new little baby there and I got to hold him. His name is Malachi and he is 7 weeks old - how precious! I got to feed him too and the little oinker ate two whole bottles - whew! I hope that babies aren't contagious because two of my other cousins are pregnant right now too. (hmmm...or do I secretly hope that babies are contagious....? hmmm)

3 comments:

Niki said...

If having babies is contageous I want to "catch" one! Wouldn't it be cool if the little Rudes' and Arnettes' grew up together??? I know I have to wait though...

Carrie said...

That would be so cool Niki! Yeah, we're waiting too though... How does a year from now sound? I'm planning to start with a girl. =)

Niki said...

Well you do have one year of marriage "under your belt" (compared to our seven weeks!) Eric gets a funny look on his face when I say the word baby! We want lots of kids though... at least three! All in God's timing though, right?