Monday, August 08, 2005

Yamp Camhill

I am back at work today ending another enjoyable weekend. David and I went out to Camp Yamhill on Friday after work for a weekend retreat with our church. We stayed until Sunday afternoon and had a really great time! The weather was beautiful (although a little bit toasty) and the grounds of the camp are always lovely. We got to climb the rock wall on Saturday, and I made it about half way up - scary! Of course David made it to the top in 2 minutes - he's so competitive!

We also went swimming on Saturday since it was so HOT! I tried wading in slowly, but seriously the river felt like it could have ice cubes in it. brrr... So I went off the rope swing instead. I could hardly breathe when I hit the water. It was freezing! We played slip n'slide baseball later that day and ended it with a campfire complete with smores and stove-top popcorn. My wildlife sightings for the weekend included several newts, an abundance of dragonflies and gnats, several small fish, and a dead squirrel on the drive home.

4 comments:

tabitha jane said...

you seem to have a hard time swimming in the mountain streams, eh?

glad you had fun!

Niki said...

Check out my post for today to see a good pic of our husbands!

Lori Ann said...

Hi Carrie~
i just stumbled across your blog. My husband is Ron(minister at metro)I have enjoyed reading it.

Carrie said...

Tabitha ~ yeah, I'm a big wimp when it comes to being cold. I'm sure you know what the the Yamhill is like though!

Niki ~ that is a great pic. =) I really need to learn how to add photos to spice up my blog.

Lori Ann ~ that's cool that you found my blog. =) David and I had Ron for a couple of our classes at Cascade. Small world.

Mr. Peters ~ I just have two blogs - this one and Xanga. It's because some people are stubborn and will only read from one or the other, so I am trying to live in both worlds. (Although I have just been copying and pasting from one to another, so they both say the same things.)