Friday, August 12, 2005

TGIF

I have a spring in my step because it's Friday, and that's one of my favorite days of the week! Nevermind the fact that I still have to work tomorrow - it's still the weekend, and that's the important part. On Wednesday, David and I went to a free concert in Washington Park. It was a group called the Buckles and they played country music from the 50's and 60's in their green sparkly jackets. It was fun to see little kids dancing everywhere and some older couples showing off their moves too. Our friend Eric predicted that one of the ladies on the "dance floor" was an ex-cheerleading-coach because she was very intense and had a really unique style. It was funny.

Last night Danny had us over to his place for dinner. He impressed us with his culinary skills, but I had to turn down the Stove Top Stuffing because it is my very least favorite food in the world. (there's something about soggy bread crumbs...) We got to see a lot of his cool photographs and then he and David "entertained" us with several rounds of Dr. Mario on classic Nintendo. whoop whoop

3 comments:

Erin said...

I went and watched Ted Nuget at the Umatilla County Fair. Aren't you jealous? I'm jealous of you because Ted didn't have a green sparkly jacket.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrie said...

Oopsie. I deleted my own comment. Well, it said something about how sparkles add to the whole effect of the concert... and yes, I am jealous that you listened to a singer with a last name like Nuget. =)