Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Keep Me Outta' the Gutter!

I almost had a turkey! Can you believe it? I was only one pin away! That's right folks - I'm talking about bowling. A group of my co-workers took a trip over to Hollywood Bowl last night and had some friendly competition on the lanes. It was gals against guys, and we both ended the night with with a win. On the ladies' side: Laurie, Shawn Marie and myself dominated the first game. I got a 137 - my highest score ever! It must have been the luck of my swirled-green 11 pound ball. On the mens' team: Danny, Gabe, and Heavy V beat us in the second round. I had two strikes in the last frame and thought I was going to pull-off the third, but one of the pins refused to submit to my forceful throw. So close...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so jealous that I didn't get to go bowling with you all. However, I did some bowling of my own this weekend. Heavy V is Vince? That's awesome if he went. Hahaha!

Carrie said...

We'll have to take our own trip sometime - bowling rocks! Perhaps we can even persuade Jessica to come with us. Yes, Vince is indeed the infamous Heavy V. He was a crazy bowler at first, but then Laurie gave him some pointers and he really improved. It was fun!