Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Follow-up

Since I promised in my last post...I will let you know how the banana bread turned out (oh, by the way, it had walnuts so it was no ordinary banana bread!) I thought it was pretty decent, David raved that it was delicious (although he ate his warmed in the microwave and spread with butter - NOT the way it is intended to be eaten, mind you) and one of my co-workers proclaimed that it was like a piece of heaven. He/she told me that I should try selling it on the Internet, and then proceeded to eat over half the loaf! Jeepers!

Now for my movie review:

I give National Treasure "one thumb up and one thumb sideways." I had high expectations for this flick and the storyline was pretty decent. It promised action, and I think it delivered. Nicholas Cage and the other dude were great, but the female lead - played by Diane Kruger, was a little weak. I think that if they would have cast Julia Roberts, the film would have been much improved.

The film Something's Gotta Give gets only "one thumb up" from me. It doesn't get the other thumb because it creeped me out that a 60-something playboy was hooking up with ladies younger than 30. bllrrrrlllrrrr! (sound made by sticking out your tongue and shivering) Diane Keaton was really swell and I imagine myself being a bit like her character when I am more "mature." (except for being divorced and sleeping with the aforementioned playa', of course.)

No comments: