Thursday, July 07, 2005

OK was better than okay!

I'm back, and let me just say that it is great to be back in Oregon where I can walk outdoors and not immediately be covered in a fine layer of moisture and sweat. That's right folks, Oklahoma was hot and humid! But more about OK in a moment...first an exciting tale of daring and adventure...

I had someone arrested on Friday! As far as my life goes - that is pretty exciting! For reasons of confidentiality I can't really go into details, but someone tried to pull a fast one on me at the CU and I snapped my fingers in his face and proclaimed, "I don't think so busta'!" Well, it wasn't quite that glamorous, but he was taken away in cuffs nonetheless, and it was found that he had fraudulent materials and drugs (gasp!) on him. Phew!

After all that excitement I was certainly ready for a vacation! David and I flew to Oklahoma on Saturday and returned yesterday. It was a really great trip and it was nice to meet a lot of his extended family. We stayed with his second cousins Paul and Tammie who live in a beautiful 4 bedroom, A-frame cabin with their three adorable children (our third cousins?! - I don't know how that works!) The only downside is that they had a clawfoot tub rather than a shower with this hand-held spout thing - it was kinda' weird. Plus we were bathing several times a day because of the sweat-factor.

The 4th of July party his family threw was way totally rockin'! Several of the relatives live on a 40 acre ranch with several ponds, an orchard, horses, etc.; and that is where the extravaganza was held. They had a catered BBQ buffet, a country/rock band that performed through the evening, thousands of dollars worth of fireworks, and several inflatable structures for the kids (and adults) to play on. I climbed all the way to the top of the air-filled rock wall - go me!
By the way, I take back any comments I made about Oklahoma being flat and ugly. The area outside of Tulsa that we visited was really beautiful. It's still flat though.

No comments: