Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Weddings, Babies, and other such nonsense

I swear something exciting happened... I just can't remember what it is right now, so I guess I'll have to write about the mundane stuff until I think of it. Hmmmm... Last weekend was pretty pleasant. On Friday I went to Shaun and Jessica's wedding rehersal. (David was the best man for the second time this summer - sheesh!) Saturday was their wedding which was nice. It was pretty small and simple, but I enjoyed it because it was very sincere and suited them very well. Her dress was very beautiful and Carly and Amber made lovely bridesmaids. David knocked over a candle at the reception and got hot wax all over his suit (and he only had one glass of sparkling wine!) Joey and Crystal stayed with us for the weekend again and we had Jon and Tabitha over to watch a movie with us after the wedding. (Crystal picked "The Pacifier" - what a cheesy flick! And I didn't realize that Vin Diesel was such a lousy actor! I guess it had some funny parts...)

On Sunday after church we went to Red Robin for lunch. (David had already left for yet another week of couseling out at Camp Yamhill.) Heidi and Dustin Merritt joined us and Desarae Smith (I think that's how she spells it...) came with her 3-week-old son Ethan. I got to hold him and he was so adorable and tiny. Of course it just made me want to have one of my own, even though he cried almost the entire time I had him. It was because he was hungry though - not because I am a bad baby-holder!

No comments: