Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Zoo Lights

It is truly a Winter Wonderland here in Portland this week! The snow is beautiful and I enjoy observing it from an indoor location. I'm not a fan of driving at any time, but when there is even a chance of slickness, I'd rather just stay on my couch with a cup of cocoa and a good book. Unfortunately, my job cannot be performed from my couch, so David must be my trusty chauffeur. I will regale you with more about the snow in a later blog (and share some pics when I get them off my camera.) Now, back to the title topic...

Last Friday we had the treat of going to see the Zoo Lights for the very first time with our friends Shaun and Jessica. We bundled-up and drove out to the Westside with expectations of a small crowd. I was surprised how many people were out in the snow/rain/cold at night - many of them with small children! Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable time strolling through the zoo and pondering how high the electric bill must be. They had some great displays and it was a swell way to get into the holiday spirit. Here are a few pics from the evening...

There was a pleasant glow along the pathways.


These are some of the "animals" on display.


There's nothing quite like a hug from a person dressed in a semi-creepy Polar Bear costume!

No comments: