Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mrs. Domestic for a Day

Sometimes I wish I was a bit more of a "Martha Stewart" - type. It would be fabulous to take out fresh-baked desserts with homemade oven mitts in my perfectly organized kitchen. I would feel grand to be surrounded by the scent of my custom candles as I wrote in perfect calligraphy on my personally-designed Christmas cards while snuggled under my hand-stitched quilt. My guests would be impressed by my whimsical decorations and various craft projects, as much as they would be in awe of my perfectly landscaped yard and abundantly productive garden. Alas, I guess that's just not me...

However, I was pretty proud of myself earlier this week. I managed to get all my store-bought Xmas cards addressed and sent out, and included a cheesy photo in each one that I forced David and Tucker to take with me. I also felt pretty clever and domestic when I made some fun treats to take to my office Christmas party on Thursday. I found a picture of some "candy sushi" online and thought I might give it a try. It was fun!



Filling the tray with goodies.


The finished product!

No comments: