Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sniz-oh!

I'm sure everyone in the Portland area is sick of hearing about the snow (I know I am!) I just have to share my report though, and maybe some pictures. I think we are on day 10 now of the Winter Wonderland, but at least we haven't been stuck at home for all of it. David is always excited to drive in hazardous conditions and he says our little Hyundai actually handles pretty well (good thing we bought those new tires!) I don't really mind staying home and doing indoor stuff but David gets a little cuckoo after awhile. As long as we have electricity and can stay warm, I'm content!

Yesterday we took Tucker to the big field near our house to get some exercise. He bounded through the snow and ice and had a jolly good time. As far as dogs go, he's actually kind of a wimpy one (he is mostly poodle, afterall.) He's often startled by harmless noises and will get spooked by things such as his own tail. For these reasons, it was a bit surprising to us that he took such a liking to the snow. He goes crazy in the stuff! Young Tuck has been running and pouncing and eating the beautiful fluff. When we finally make him come in to defrost, he sits by the back doors and wistfully watches the flakes falling in the yard.

David with Tucker at the field.


This pup is ready to run!


Look at his energy!


Time to thaw-out!

No comments: