Sunday, October 02, 2005

Food and Fun Makes a Girl Happy

No way, I can't believe that the weekend is over already! It went by really quickly - funny how that always happens... I had to work on Saturday and then had training for an hour and a half in Beaverton after that. Danny had a bunch of friends over for a "house warming" party that evening. How long have they lived there already...? Anyway, it was fun and Daniel was an excellent host. (It was good to see you too Jamie.)

Today at church wasn't particularly inspiring for me. I think I was just tired or crabby or something. David shared some pictures and stories from his Mississippi trip which was cool, but that was the only part when I felt really engaged in the service. We changed our worship format recently which has been refreshing, but I just wasn't feeling connected for some reason...

We had Shaun, Jessica, Eric, and Niki over for lunch (Jessica made a killer lasagna) and then went to check out the new addition to the Portland Art Museum. It's worth the trip! (It was also fun to run into lots of people we knew there.) Tonight we hosted the youth group at our house. Picture 9 rowdy teenagers crammed in our tiny apartment for a couple hours. They're good kids, but it's always a bit of a relief when it's time for them to go home. I know I've said this before, but I am always impressed with how patient David is. Oh and an update on David's job hunt...he found out that they hired someone else for the delivery job in Vancouver that he'd been interviewing for. So it's back to the hunting for him. Let us know if you have any connections!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tabitha jane said...

it was fun to see all of you too. sorry we were on our way out as you were on your way in. some of that stuff was sooo inspiring!

Erin said...

The job search thing is so frustrating. Tell David I sympathize. My friend Gretchen is moving here from Montana. I'm worried about how hard it might be for her to find a job. Not that she isn't qualified for anything, (she just graduated with a B.S. in Neroscience and Cell Biology) it's just that the economy is so bad here that it's almost impossible to find a job you are qualified for. Tell him to hang in there.