Saturday, October 22, 2005

Day Off Excitement

It's such a treat to have a day off in the middle of the week (even if you have to work a Saturday in exchange.) I had Friday off and it was such a beautiful day! I had a dentist appointment in the morning - yay no cavaties! Then David and I wandered around Lloyd Center for awhile, but we didn't find anything to waste our money on. We stopped at an Asian place and had pad thai noodles and bubble tea with tapioca for lunch. mmmm I had an eye appointment in the afternoon and was told that I have perfect vision and healthy eyes. That was a relief 'cause you know I look like a libraian when I put glasses on. (No offense to those of you who wear glasses - I think they are cute, just not on me. I've tried on several pairs just for fun, and no matter the style, I really just look like I belong in a library. Not that there's anything wrong with that either, 'cause I like libraries and I used to work in one. Anyway...)

In the evening, we drove out to Banks, (it's a city off 26 past Hillsboro) for my brother-in-law's football game. David's little bro Ben plays for Astoria High School and they had a game out this way so we decided to go cheer him on. The game was tied in the last minute, but then the Braves snuck in a touchdown. Sadly, the fishermen did not go home with a win. It was fun to watch though, and I hadn't been to a high school game since, well, back when I was in high school. Those were the days...