Sunday, September 25, 2005

Midnight (Blogger) Snack

Well, it's past my bedtime and tomorrow is a work day, but I am breaking all the rules and updating my site rather than going to sleep. I'm just not tired yet. David is staying with one of the teens from our youth group right now. The kid's mom took his dad into the hospital because they think he might have had a small stroke. David was asked to stay with their son until his mom was able to come home. I just talked to my hubby and he was in the process of alphabetically organizing the family's DVD collection. It might be a long night... I hope Paul is okay and is able to come home without any complications.

After church this afternoon a group from Central went and helped one of our neighbors with her yard work. Our friend Shaun is organizing a RAK group (Random Acts of Kindness) that will be going out and helping people around our church community. Today we visited a woman named Pamela and helped her with debris and cleaning around her house. She was quite the character, and she gave us a bunch of information about organic gardening as we helped her put plant mulch around all her vegetation. It was nice to get a bit dirty and help someone out. She kept thanking us and said it was such a miracle that we got so much work done. I felt like we hardly did anything, and it made me realize that I should be doing more. (I also realized that it would be a lot of fun to have my own yard - I enjoy plants and it would be nice to have my own little piece of earth to work with. Someday I suppose...)

David and I were watching the movie Twister tonight, but had to stop it in the middle when he had to leave. He bought it during his trip down to Mississippi - ironic huh? He's weird like that. Anyway, I kinda' want to go watch the end of it now, 'cause it's been a long time since I've seen it, but now it's after 11:00 so I really should just go to sleep. blah... Is it really the beginning of another week already!?

2 comments:

tabitha jane said...

did you know there are community gardens in portland where you can get a piece of it to work with on your own? i'm not sure the details, but i bet you could look into it and have a little garden somewhere. when i'm not working full-time and in school, i am defenitely going to get one!


also, you and david (and shaun and jessica--i don't have their phone number!) are invited to jon's birthday party at the greek fest this saturday. if you can come, we are meeting at our apt at 6.30pm and walking over to the fest (or you can meet us there anytime after that--glisan and NE 30th-ish). could you tell the garrett's that they are invited to come as well? thanks!

hope to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »