Sunday, December 11, 2005

Month-long Summary

I wasn't too quick with that Thanksgiving update I guess... We did have a great time visiting both of our families though. We spent three days with David's family first. His parents moved to Spokane, WA and we got to see their new house and help them unpack a little. Then we went and stayed at the Elkins Resort in Priest Lake, ID for Thanksgiving. His family (extended family - grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc.) got together in a big cabin to celebrate the holiday. (And when I say cabin, I use the term loosely because this thing had 7 bedrooms - it was so beautiful!) Lots of good food was had and we even saw a little snow. We were a bit disappointed though because we brought all of our snow gear and there wasn't enough to go out and play in. No snowmobile fun for us...

After our Idaho trip, we drove down to Philomath to visit with my family. They are currently remodeling their house (okay, so they've been working on it for years and years...) so things were in an upheaval, but we had a nice relaxing time. My mom went crazy baking pies and various types of bread and we played lots of games. David went with my brothers to watch the new Harry Potter movie, but thankfully they let me stay home and hang out with my sister. (I apologize if I offend any HP fans, but I'm just not really into it that much.)

Now it's December and I can't believe that it's only 2 weeks until Christmas! That means I only have 14 days to get all my Xmas shopping done. (Yeah, that's right, I haven't started yet...) I'm excited that I will have a week and a half off for the holidays. David and I are planning to have some time with both of our families and also to continue some new Christmas traditions of our own. We got our tree about a week ago and had a fun time putting up all of our decorations. We still don't have any presents under it, but I'll work on that in the next couple of days.

My new job is still going well. I think I am done with weekend training for awhile, and I'm relieved that I will be able to catch-up on some things now that I know how to do them. The stacks were getting pretty large for awhile there... Speaking of work, I got to hang out with some old co-workers last week (not that they are old, but it sounded better than saying ex-coworkers, for some reason.) We had Chinese food at a restaurant near the old CU branch when it was downtown, and then saw Walk the Line. I would recommend the movie - I thought it was really good. I had seen a documentary about Jonny Cash awhile back and it seemed like this film was a pretty accurate portrayal of his life. And Joaquin and Reese can really sing - I was empressed! Tonight we are taking the teens to see The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and I'm excited about that. I really liked the book and the film looks very well done. I'll let you know what I rate it!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, glad the job is good and it was good to see you, you old co-worker you.

Christy said...

shout out!!

I can't believe Christmas is so soon! What are you getting David?? I need ideas of what to get boys... I need money too, of course, so if you could help with that... haha!

How are you?

tabitha jane said...

and whatdja think of the flick?