Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I hope that everyone who reads this blog had a very Merry Christmas - I know that mine was really great! Last week David and I went up to Spokane and visited his family. There was still some snow on the ground up north, but no new flakes fell while we were there. The boys all went skiing one day during our stay, but I'm glad I didn't join them because it was rainy and slushy the whole time. Besides, I got to spend some quality time with my mother-in-law. We went and ate at the Mongolian Grill and did some window shopping together.

David and I spent Christmas morning at our own apartment. He was just like a kid and woke me up early to open our presents to one another. I didn't get the new car and new bedroom set I really wanted, but I was pleased with all of my gifts. (note: I really did not expect those large presents anyway...) We then went to the Christmas service at our church. The kids put on a really cute performance (they all did so well!) and David and I had a reading part during the program too. After church we made some yummy omelets for brunch and then took a long winters' nap. (just like the Christmas poem says we ought to do) We then played with some of our presents and had Eric and Niki over to watch Eight Crazy Nights and play games with us.

On Monday, we braved the malls to exchange some gifts and take advantage of all the great clearance deals. (In case you're curious, we are stocked with Xmas wrap and ribbons for the next several years!) Later this week we will be going to visit my family and will join in our annual Christmas party with all of my extended family too. Man, it really is nice to have such a long holiday break!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Carrie! I'm glad your Christmas was enjoyable!!!
I'm sad I missed the kids' play.

Well, enjoy the rest of your holiday and I'll see ya in a couple of weeks!

Niki said...

It was fun hanging out at your house :) I also took a long winters nap while Eric was playing his computer game....

Erin said...

Let me tell you, we went out on Monday in Eastern Oregon and it was just as crazy as in the mall.

Erin said...

Hmm....no updates from Carrie lately. It's like she's fallen off the face of the earth....

jessica said...

carrie? are you there?

Christy said...

Dear Carrie,
This is your friend, Christy. I keep checking your blog, but no updates! Update! How was snowboarding? How is life? How are you?

<3!

laurie said...

ahem. even i have posted more recently than this. what's going on with you?

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Although there are differences in content, but I still want you to establish Links, I do not know how you advice!