Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yard Work, Animal Print Clothing, and Wet Seats

I had a "vacation" last week that was fun. David and I drove up to Couer d'Alene, Idaho on Saturday after I got off of work. We stayed there until Wednesday and helped David's grandparents get ready for winter. We took in all their yard furniture and ornaments (seriously they have more fancy crap in their yard than anyone I know!), pulled up all of their seasonal plants, recarpeted their boat trailer, and chopped some wood. Then we went and helped them out at their cabin on the river. We brought in their boats and dock awning and then repeated the chore of dragging in all their yard knick-knacks. After all the work was done we got to have a couple days break there.

Halloween has come and gone yet another year. David and I joined a couple of parties, carved a crazy pumpkin, and ate our share of candy. We decided to dress up as cave people, and David crafted us some costumes out of a furry leopard fabric. I wore a bone in my hair and he wore a nasty long black wig. It was pretty stone-aged.

It seems that some theives decided to celebrate the holiday by trying to steal my car. When we went out to leave for work this morning we noticed that my passenger side window had been smashed-in. It was raining really hard and the inside of the car was getting pretty soaked. The meanies ripped out my stereo, took apart the steering column, emptied the glove compartment, and threw stuff around in the trunk. Thankfully, it doesn't look like they took anything (not that there was anything worth it in there anyway...) And I have the bestest husband ever, because he took care of all the mess and replaced the window all himself. He's pretty awesome.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Carrie! I feel your pain. It's like you feel violated. Did they take your stereo or only rip it out and then leave it? I'm so sorry!! I still haven't replaced my stereo from the last incident, I almost feel better about leaving my car places without it.

Carrie said...

Ugh! Theives are so mean. They actually didn't take anything that we know of - they left the stereo hanging out of the dash. I guess that's a good thing. My car has been broken into so many times now, it seems like it doesn't bother me as much anymore. =P I guess that's what happens when you live in the ghetto.

Erin said...

I know, the second time it happened to me I wasn't nearly as upset as the first time. It was more anger than feeling like I wanted to cry. Glad you have a wonderful husband who fixed it all for you. And also that you still have tunes.

Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!