Friday, March 25, 2011

Back to the Blog

Obviously it's been more than a little while since I've written a post on my blog. I figure that since I'm stuck on the couch for a few hours each evening, I may as well keep this thing better updated. Why the recent friendliness with the couch, you ask? Well we are due with baby #2 this November and this nausea has started hanging around every night. Morning sickness is not really an accurate term for me since I'm okay for most of the day, but starting around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, things start to go downhill for me. Blech. I've had to pass already on some fun activities because I'm just feeling steamrolled and like I'm going to have to go puke any second. But enough about that!

We are truly excited to be welcoming a new addition to our family later this year! We've started talking about names, discussing adjustments we will need to make to accommodate another little person in our household, David is working frantically to finish the remodel project in our basement, and we're introducing Oliver to the idea. I'm pretty sure he doesn't really understand much yet (he'll be 2 next month!) but we tell him there's a baby in mommy's tummy that will be at our house in a little while. Sometimes Oliver pats my tummy and says "baby" but a lot of the time he likes to pretend HE is a baby and does this super fakey cry until I hold him and rock him. This lasts about 3 seconds and then he is off running to more of his big-boy adventures like climbing, throwing, torturing Tucker, yelling, breaking things, etc. :)

Since it's been many months since a post, I will recap with a few pictures of events since my last update...

Annual Wilson family camping trip 2010 - this time to Salmonberry Campground.



David's mission trip to Mexico, August 2010.



Helping at our church's annual Vestal School cleanup service project.



Basement window well project - this was a big one and took about 3 months to complete! Since we are adding 2 bedrooms in our basement, we had to install egress windows. This meant cutting through our concrete driveway and foundation, digging the wells to allow enough room for the crank windows to open, building frames and pouring concrete to make the new structures and installing the new windows. My dad and Ben came to help with part of it and a couple of other friends helped us remove all the debris afterwards.









We attended a few Halloween parties as cave people with our pet dinosaur.



November 2010 family photo shoot.





Quick trip to Coeur d'Alene, ID for Great Grandma Teen's funeral.



David frames walls for the basement rooms.



We celebrated Christmas 2010.



We flew to Dallas, TX for New Year's to celebrate Ben and Haley's wedding and see our Rude family.



We waited in line for a couple/few hours in downtown Portland to take our "No Pity" Timbers family portrait.



David redid all the electrical for our house including installing a whole new breaker panel and main. (This guy is amazing.)



David and I celebrated our birthdays in February 2011 with a weekend trip to Yachats.



Stay tuned, more adventures are sure to come! :)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

LOVE all the pictures, especially the one with the beautiful fall leaves and the "No Pity" portrait...hilarious!!