Friday, July 24, 2009

Time Off

Please pardon my brief time away from blogging, but I have a legitimate excuse! No, I did not get a note from my doctor, but I have really been ill recently. David and I both got steamrolled by a mysterious sickness or food poisoning and it took a couple of days for us to recover. Boy was that miserable! It doesn't seem that Oliver has been affected at all and we are so thankful that he has remained healthy. Thank you Lord!

On Tuesday we took my siblings and some local teens out to Lincoln City for the TNT (Tuesday Night Teens) youth rally being held there. David's symptoms started that morning (read: he woke up by expelling all the food matter from his body) but he thought he might be getting over it so we decided to go. As we were leaving, I thought that my stomach might be getting upset too and then I thought that I was just feeling carsick, but as the day went on, we both felt worse and worse. We let the kids do some souvenir shopping in the town and took them for dinner at DQ while David and I took turns laying down in the van. We alternated holding Oliver and taking trips to the bathroom during the youth rally and then I skipped the bonfire and s'mores altogether and opted to sleep on one of the van's back seats while Oli napped too. I have no pictures of the trip because I felt too darn sick to even pull out my camera!

In more upbeat news, Oliver has graduated to sleeping in his big boy crib in his very own room. Our baby handled the transition like a champ, but his mommy had a little trouble adjusting. That first night was so strange not having him right there beside our bed and I have to admit that I cried a bit over the fact that he's growing up so quickly. Everyone warned me it would happen, but of course you never really know until you're experiencing it yourself! 3 months have never passed so fast!

Here are some recent pics of our rapidly changing little man:









He always gets so serious when I pull out the camera!

3 comments:

Just me and my kids said...

I love the last picture, it is so cute! :) I was thinking I may come see you on either Monday Tuesday or Wednesday if that is ok. I will be up taking Jereme to MEPs by the airport and just hanging around till he leaves on Wednesday...

Carrie said...

That would be fun! Just let me know in advance so I can make sure we'll be home! =)

Mandi said...

Isn't it funny how they stop whatever they are doing and get all serious on you as soon as the camera comes out?!

Ugh! It wasn't food poisoning. It was the most violent bug I've had that I can ever remember! We all three got it too. YUCK! I'm glad you are all better now!