Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Old Lady

I know I'm only 28 now, and Lord-willing we'll have another child or two in our family, but why do I sometimes feel like I'm too old to keep up with this boy of mine? He is a pure ball of energy, and a joy for sure, but wow(!) he can keep me on my toes! I think we are notorious at church due to Oli's enthusiastic singing/yelling outbursts and his theatrical escapes from our pew at great speeds. Every meal is a great adventure and every day brings something new. It really has been a delight to see his personality developing and to share in his accomplishment of new stages and milestones. I truly want to cherish every moment we have with him!








2 comments:

Mandi said...

Just wait until he starts running! I thought Kaden was hard to keep up with when he crawled. Now not only does he 'escape the church pew' but he is running all over the church like he owns the place. Guess God thought I needed more exercise! :)

Just me and my kids said...

yeah, or wait till you have three, and you go to visit a new church and you have a little girl in a dress laying on the pew with her legs propped up and her dress around her belly. A child "sleeping" on the floor who keeps wiggling further and further into the next set of pews, and a little girl SCREAMING cause she can't get the crayon bag open.
Then they go to childrens church. Then they come back, not holding the teachers hand, running, in the middle of a baptism. OOPS!
At least they were so excited to see new people they didn't seem to care...
And I wish I could say more enrgy will come, but it doesn't... well sometimes it does. It comes in spurts!